Translation and Crossing the Borders of Language
Translating is one of my jobs. Language and literature are definitely my passion. So, let’s take a look of some translation/editing works I have done, shall we?
- Novel 40 Rules of Love by Elif Shafak, published as Empat Puluh Kaidah Cinta by KPG (Gramedia).
- Annual report and sustainability report, full or partial, of PT Perusahaan Listrik Negara, Telkomsel, Unilever, Bank Mandiri, Direktorat Jenderal Kekayaan Negara, Arun Perta Gas.
- E-learning modules on integrity for Tiri Indonesia.
- TMT Predictions 2012 of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu translation/localization (Indonesian).
- English – Indonesian translations of some poems by Afro-American poets for an anthology to be published by Delhi-based publisher.
- English translation of some poems and novel excerpts in Klasik Nan Asyik: Exciting Classics Utan Kayu-Salihara International Literary Biennale anthology, Komunitas Salihara, Jakarta, 2011
- Translations of curatorials, articles, CVs and correspondence of Andi Gallery, Jakarta; Edwin’s Gallery, Selasar Sunaryo, Bandung; Komunitas Utan Kayu/Salihara, Jakarta, 2007 – present
- Translation of India’s tourism full-page advertisement on The Jakarta Post
- Translation of the material of Jakarta 320 exhibition organized by Ruangrupa, Jakarta, August 2008
- Translation of “The Beginning of a Happy Night”, a short story by Lebanese writer Hassan Daoud, in Force Majeur anthology, Komunitas Utan Kayu, August, 2007
- The translation of poetry entitled “Without Immediate Cause” in Jurnal Perempuan No. 40, 2006
- The translation of Disgrace (Aib), a novel by J.M. Coetzee. Yogyakarta: Penerbit Jalasutra, July 2005
- The translation of “Anukul”, Satyajit Ray’s short story, Media Indonesia newspaper, October 19, 2003
For literature in translation, some of my English translation of Indonesian short stories or novel excerpts appear on Dalang Publishing. My Indonesian translation of a novel by a Turkish author was published in 2014 by Gramedia Publishing. So, please don’t hesitate to leave me a message for any need of English-Indonesian or Indonesian-English translation.